We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tick here if you would like to subscribe to replies?.

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

Since this weekend, and possibly after 'the problems' with the website, I have found that my email box as received a number of 'responses' from posts that I have subscribed to recently.

I have never asked, ticked or requested "Tick here if you would like to subscribe to replies to this question", which is on the various post pages.

Is anyone else noticed this, and having a similar 'notification' issue, or is it just me?.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Have you checked my Preferences and made sure any thing is ticked that you don't want.If so untick it.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

By default I always get emails from posts that I have initiated and when the first one arrives I then unsuscribe from it, if I don't I keep getting emails until I do. But like you I don't tick the box for posts that others have started.

Are you sure that the emails you are getting are not from posts that you have started?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I do not get any emails at all from PCA as I registered with a throw away address,As you say far to many problems with this site and I like you was getting far to many emails from here.Hence the change of address.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I get responses from posts that I have started, and this is easily resolved by ticking the 'resolved box'.

But I have noticed that I am now getting email response messages from posts that I have not requested a notification from, like post's that was running the other day.

I'll just have to monitor this, because as I mentioned, its just started to happen, and I haven't initiated anything?.

Like this post  
Furkin

Likes # 0

For many years I have had the opposite. It doesn't matter whether I tick the Tick here box or not - sometimes I get notifications,,,, sometimes I don't.

I have completely rebuilt my machinece since this started, and updated my OS - but its still very hit'n'miss.

Whenever I asked for advice, people just come up with "have you clicked the box ?". When I say I've tried it ticked and unticked, I don't hear any more.

I now just put up with it.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I got so fed up with it I set PCA as junk so that the mail went straight into the junk mail folder.

Since I downloaded Mailwasher I don't seem to be getting any lately so maybe that has sorted it out for me.

The way I see it as we cannot send mail to forum members there is no reason to receive any.

Oops just remembered that I set my junk mail folder to delete on closing.Mind you I would still see them going in.

This has been going on for years but does not affect all users so not sure what the answer is.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September