We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Black screen...

patpinder

Likes # 0

Laptop. Toshiba P200 satellite.....I know, It's a bit dated, but I can't afford to replace it....the problem is, when my cursor passes over a link or active part of the site I'm trying to view, the screen goes black and remains so until I blindly find a non active part of the page. Pleases help this old technophobe..it's driving me nuts !!!!

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

You could try running any anti virus and any other protection you have, make sure its up to date first.

What operating system are you running.

Can you try setting the laptop back to an earlier time when all was well.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Have you tried different search browsers, IE Fire Fox Chrome etc. to see if you get the same results.

If the cable between screen and laptop is worn, try restarting laptop with the screen in different positions. or move the screen back and forth and see if the problem disappears.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

Try Hooking up an external monitor If the external monitor works the trouble is with the display.

Like this post
patpinder

Likes # 0

Thanks for your responses to my 'Black Screen' problem...I don't know how or why but....it cured itself!!!.Switched it back on next morning and it was ok...however I have filed your answers for future use....thank you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite