We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

graphics cards for a zoostorm elite

anthdron

Likes # 0

ok im not totaly comp savy but have some knowlage i am at the moment running a geforce gt 520 1gig card and i am thinking of upgradeing it to a 2gig geforce gt 610 i know my psu isc big enough to run the card but is it worth upgrading to the 2 gig or should i stay with the 1 gig

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

From what I can make out, the GT610 is hardly an upgrade from the GT520 - when the 610 was launched, the comment was that it was no more than a rebadged 520. Perhaps you know different? Anyway, to your question: on graphics cards - like PCs - more memory is always good. But if you had the budget, I'd be looking at something with DDR5 memory rather than DDR3, as it's significantly faster.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

The GeForce GT 610 is just a re-branded GeForce GT 520. They are exactly the same card other than for the name change.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Posted before I had time to finish.

A few more details would be useful, I am assuming that you are not a gamer so why do you wish to upgrade even though,of course the 610 is not an upgrade?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer