We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HD Video Editing

BonRailey

Likes # 0

Dear Sir,

I wonder if you can help me with a current problem I have, and it would be appreciated if you would bare in mind that I am a retired 80 years old reader.

My computer (custom built) is made up of the following:- Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 Processor - AMD Phenom 2 X4 965 3.4 (AM3 Socket) Graphics Card - Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 (Dual Display Memory - 16GBs Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1600MHz Storage - 4 SATA HDD's (spindle speed 7200) DVD - LG SATA drive OS - Windows 7 64 bit

I have been trying to use this computer to edit HD Video of my grandchildren, but every time I try to put it on a DVD, I am getting little jerks every couple of minutes.

I asked the firm which built the computer, if they had any ideas why I am getting this problem, and they took it in to run some tests on it, but could not find anything wrong, but suggested I could be trying to put too much data on the disk, or the hard disk spindle speed (7200) could not cope with the HD video.

Baring that in mind, I purchased an external cabinet with 4 SCSI LVD HDD's with spindle speeds of 10K, and a total capacity of 144GB's

I installed an Adaptec 29160 controller into the only PCI slot on the motherboard, and downloaded an update driver from Adaptec for my Windows 7.

At start-up, my computer recognises the Adaptec controller and the 4 SCSI drives, which are listed as ID0, ID2, ID4, and ID8, but once the computer moves on to open Windows I can not find the SCSI drives.

Can any of your experts please suggest what might be wrong?

Kind regards, Ron Bailey.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I think you will find it's most likely the video editing software you are using that is the problem, you can get out of sink sound and video also. though a lot of these problems have been ironed out yo can still get them. What software are you using? you could try Free Movie Maker, you will need to use such as Nero To burn a DVD or you can get free programs to do it

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

What speed are you burning at? Try burning at a lower speed.

Which software are you using to edit the HD Movies?

Burning to Blu-Ray or standard DVD?

I burn HD and I don't think that your problem is spindle speed as I use only a 7200 harddrive.

Like this post
BonRailey

Likes # 0

The software program is Pinnacle V15 Collection.

I am burning at 8X on my Sony DVD recorder.

If I wanted to use the SCSI drives, how can I get my computer to recognise them?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Does it play ok on your pc before burn? If it does then it would indicate that the problem is with the burn.

Try burning at 4x.

Tried a different brand of DVD?

What are you playing back on with the DVD?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer