We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HOW DO I LOCATE LINK BROWSER

Ynyshir25

Likes # 0

When clicking on a email message to go to the internet, it tells me that locate link browser.

I don't know where to look for it - can anyone help me please.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Probably means you haven't got a default browser set, so your OpSys doesn't know which browser to open.

which email client (Outlook Express, Thunderbird, WLM, or is it Webmail) and which OpSys do you have (XP, W7, Vista)? and which Browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox) do you want it to open?

Like this post
Ynyshir25

Likes # 0

I am using Outlook Express, XP and Internet Explorer

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You could check these settings:

Internet Explorer | Tools | Options | Programs tab, check that E-mail = Outlook Express AND lower down 'Default web browser' it should tell you if it is or have a button to 'make default'

Close both IE and Outlook Express then re-open them and see if link in email now works.

Hopefully it will be that simple, if not then will have to check some deeper settings.

Like this post
Ynyshir25

Likes # 0

Thanks Lotvic - it worked a treat.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Glad it's okay now.

To give this thread a 'Green Tick' 'Resolved' - click on a big grey tick on the right of any of the posts and it will turn green. Then when page is refreshed the Thread will be marked 'Resolved' :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...