We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how would i rid my pc of bad download?

johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

last night i was silly enough to do an adaware upgrade from lavasoft which scupppered my pc in that it crawled all over it IE toolbars etc which i declined yet it still went ahead and installed.

i have uninstalled via revo, ran cc cleaner (update version) removed two of the three files found in doc search the third one can't be as windows says it cannot read from it, so can't delete, tried looking in prog files no luck also did a system restore am no further on as i still have two little icons at bottom of pic, one says spam, the other opens a lavasoft page to purchase which i definately do not want.

sorry to be long winded but felt a full as possible an explanation might help, cannot play games now as pop up windows will not open.

XP3 sygate firewall avg, any ideas please?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

many thank but i have already past the stages advised although i may have done it in the wrong order

johnny

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If it's left you with the Blekko search toolbar and homepage stuff (that gets installed even if you refuse it) these instructions might help uninstall the blekko

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

my thanks for that but a prob i do not have, my main concern is in games where the pop up windows dont to enable a game

johnny

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Try the solutions on uk.pogo.com help

"Many pop-up blockers can be temporarily disabled by holding down the Control (CTRL), ALT, or SHIFT key when you click a link. For example, before you click the Play Now button, hold down the Control, ALT, or Shift key. Be sure to continue to hold down the key until the pop-up window appears. To test if your pop-up blocker can be disabled this way, run the pop-up blocker test again, but this time, hold down the (CTRL), ALT, or SHIFT key." and there's more on the link..

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

many thanks for offers etc prob was due to a faulty java prog.

johnny

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

It may be worth doing a system restore to before the date you did the update. It may be too late if you have done other changes...but restore to before a programme was installed usually works.

Like this post
johnnyrocker

Likes # 0

john bunyan

i tried that mate but it dint help, solution was that posted before yours, but cheers

johnny

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite