We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HELP WITH EPSON STYLUS P50

jojo7
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi...yesterday my first ever printer arrived, the P50. All went well after initial setup and printed perfect pictures. Today I bought Staples Matte paper...with disasterous results! The first couple of photos were ok (quality nowhere near as good as with epson paper) but then photos started banding (iv discovered this terminology today!) Is this most likely due to inferior paper? Or could it be something to do with Print Head Aligning?? Which brings me to my next question... is it normal for the P50 to shake whilst printing?? Im aware I know nothing about printers but surely this cant be good for it??? Thanks in anticipation to a response :)

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Have a read here enter link description here

Like this post  
northumbria61

Likes # 0

If all else fails try contacting HP Support(UK) by Email via this LINK enter link description here

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

"Banding" is hardly likely to be caused by the type of paper.

Like this post
jojo7

Likes # 0

Ok.. I think the shaking so violently was due to not being on the most stable of surfaces as it had moved a little... im guessing that will be the banding problem solved as I just moved it and no lines :) The details and colors are still not as they were with the epson paper though so I reckon iv answered my own question there!!! Thanks for responses... im sure i will have many more questions along the way!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...