We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

LCD monitor problem.

hiwatt

Likes # 0

Hi folks. I've got an LG E2260s HD LCD monitor.I've recently got a new computer running windows 7 and although text and pictures etc appear very clear sometimes on a clear background or on the windows 7 welcome page I can see faint fuzzy vertical lines?This didn't happen with my older xp computer so I don't think it's the monitor.I have updated the drivers for intel display but not for the monitor.Does anyone have any idea what can be causing this?I've checked the cables and they're ok?Any help is much appreciated.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Try this - right click on desktop - select Personalize - Display (bottom left) - Adjust Resolution (try lowering the resolution) to see if it makes any difference - Apply - OK. If no difference then reverse procedure.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

No it didn't make any difference.In device manager under monitors my monitor(LG E2260)is listed as analog?Would an HD LCD monitor connected with a VGA cable be analog?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Yes VGA is analogue.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

If it's full HD, I'd be surprised if a VGA connection would support it. I'd have thought you needed to be looking at DVI or HDMI.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Sounds like faulty Graphics card or faulty onboard graphics. I would be inclined to take the PC back and ask them to check it out on one of there monitors

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

You should use a HDMI cable. Both your PC and monitor should have HDMI sockets.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

There's only one output on the monitor and it's a d-sub(VGA).These "lines" I'm talking about are very faint and really only happen when something is loading.Apart from that there is no problems at all.I just notice these very faint lines in the "background" from time to time?Thanks.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Am I right in saying if my monitor doesn't have an HDMI socket(only VGA)then it isn't HD?I was sure when I got it it was HD but not so sure now?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

And just to confuse things see here enter link description here Don't know if the same applies to a Monitor.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

I'll need to look out the manual etc but I'm 99% sure it was sold/advertised as an LCD HD monitor.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs Samsung Galaxy S5 comparison review: Apple takes on Samsung once again in smartphone...

IDG UK Sites

Just another opinion about Apple's new iPhone

IDG UK Sites

Intel Xeon E5 v3 Haswell processors review: we check out the fastest chips on the planet

IDG UK Sites

Apple Watch hands-on review | Apple Watch design, spec, features & UK pricing