We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

LCD monitor problem.

hiwatt

Likes # 0

Hi folks. I've got an LG E2260s HD LCD monitor.I've recently got a new computer running windows 7 and although text and pictures etc appear very clear sometimes on a clear background or on the windows 7 welcome page I can see faint fuzzy vertical lines?This didn't happen with my older xp computer so I don't think it's the monitor.I have updated the drivers for intel display but not for the monitor.Does anyone have any idea what can be causing this?I've checked the cables and they're ok?Any help is much appreciated.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Well it is described on Amazon as a Full HD LCD Monitor enter link description here

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

LG Manual download from here enter link description here

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Thank you northumbria61.I thought it was!I just got a new computer with a HDMI socket(old one didn't have one) and just noticed that there wasn't an HDMi socket on the monitor.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

An OLD Post here but same/similar problem - enter link description here

There is a link in that post that shows a VGA to RCA S-Video Adapter available from Amazon enter link description here

OR something like this from Maplins enter link description here If you have a local Maplins store near you why not pop in to ask what is available and the best solution for you.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Having had another look at the converter in the Maplins link I am not so sure that is what is needed (the Amazon link is probably the way to go) - so as suggested, have a word with Maplins, they are usually very helpful.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

VGA will support HD but at 720p. It's an analogue connection so if you play a HD video through your new card via VGA you won't get full screen but it will be in the 'HD ready' format. Even 'converting' as northumbria61 suggests. Not ideal. Next time I would humbly suggest making more searches for digital monitors.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite