We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

my down loads

1st spring
Resolved

Likes # 0

I am cleaning up my PC and I have many downloads that I do not use. Do you think I need to keep Broadband Medic? It looks to me as if it is just advertising broad bands. I also have siw and Belarc analysis, These two are similar telling me about my PC. Belarc does update my profile but I never look at them I am told they are handy to have in case someone asks me about my PC i.e maybe on this forum. I have google quick search and google tool bar this is for my IE Do you think I need both?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

According to Google Broadband medic is associated with Virgin? Broadband Medic is a diagnostic program. You can remove it if you want. If you'are running Windows XP, simply go to Control Panel and remove the application using the Add/Remove tool.

AS for Belarc or SIW take your pick. Belarc has everything on one page but SIW is more detailed. Your choice which one to remove.

Like this post  
wee eddie

Likes # 0

The Programs that you mention take-up tiny amounts of your Hard Drive.

You would better by moving any Movies that you have, onto an External Hard Drive, each one, many time the total size of all those little programs put together.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Keep all of those little programs, they are very useful when you need them.

Broadband Medic has useful guides and tutorials to do with your broadband and email problems. Presented in an easy to follow way.

Belarc and SIW are useful for info for others to help if your pc goes wrong.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Broadband medic goes back to the NTL days of virgin.I personally would uninstall it!I did.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

1st spring, my apologies, hiwatt is right, Broadband Medic is a very old out-dated program and is no longer needed. (I had thought it was a modern version from Virgin, but there is no modern version)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?