We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

new emal client required

chippy+

Likes # 0

hi needing help i have 4 family pc's 3 pc's with windows 8 upgrade, 1 with xp pro which can,t take w8 the windows pro has outlook express with virgin media email. the other 3 w8 pc's have thunderbird installed i have installed the free offer of media center on one of the w8 pc's but to get media center on the other 2 it means i need a different email address for each pc running w8 according to microsoft what is the best way to add different email client addresses to the pc,s with thunderbird installed, i need to get this fixed out before the offer ends thanks chippy

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You could use Hotmail or gmx.co.uk addresses or Yahoo etc etc. Just go to their homepage(s) and create the email address accounts. You don't need to collect them on your pc's if you don't want to, just have them as Webmail. If you decide to collect on your pc's then you just create a new pop account in Thunderbird and enter the server details so TBird knows where to go to collect them (the pop server settings will be on the homepage(s) site where you create the email address account)

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Do you mean how do you set up several email addresses in T/B or does lotvic's anwer give you what you wanted to know.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone