We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Firefox constantly crashing

SillBill
Resolved

Likes # 0

Every time I attempt to minimise the current screen Firefox stops working. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled to no avail. Same thing happens with Nightly.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Update: If I use the scrollbar to scroll down the page Firefox will crash, but if I scroll down using the mouse wheel - it doesn't (crash that is).

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

No problems here with the latest firefox.Try restarting with add ons disabled to see if that makes a difference?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

A friend recently had a problem with Firefox crashing when closing tabs - after disabling Norton Safe Search the problem was resolved. I know it is not the same scenario but there could be something in it.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

I disabled all add ons but that didn't make any difference, so have downloaded and reinstalled again. Will see if that helps.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Well that was pretty futile, it still crashes.

Like this post  
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Could it be one of your security programs that is the problem.

Not got Norton have you.

Maybe try with your firewall turned off to see if it makes any difference.

or use Revo Uninstaller in setting 4 to remove it completely.

Then reinstall it again.

Could it be a virus problem.maybe give Malwarebytes a run to see if it finds any problems.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Seems like a good night's sleep has cured it!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

The Samsung Gear VR is better than the Oculus Rift (kinda)

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today