We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

bsod

willsonrj

Likes # 0

Hi, can't get beyond blue screen (and only get that when disabling auto restart), no safe mode, no command prompt. Just keeps rebooting. Hardware tests ok. Any other options other than re format. In middle off tax return!

Thanks, Richard

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

There is always a system repair as long as you have the Windows CD.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I don't suppose reseating the memory would fix it.

Maybe make and model of computer or laptop might help others give you the advice that you need.

How old is the computer if maybe 2 years or older have you given the inside a clean out.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Op system?

Code from BSOD?

Like this post
willsonrj

Likes # 0

Hi FB,

Xp home.

BAD POOL CALLER.

many thanks

Like this post
willsonrj

Likes # 0

Thanks jockie,

Have cleaned.and tried'reseating memory. All hw tested ok.

R

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Richard, given all your symptoms, it's possible that your problem's being caused by file-system errors. If you have access to a Microsoft Windows XP CD then you could start the PC with it and run a disk check on the system drive - see here for step-by-step instructions.

Note that you can use any XP CD for this as you won't be installing or repairing XP from it. Note too that a manufacturer's recovery CD won't work.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

STOP: 0x000000C2

Hardware problem - RAM - Corrupt hard drive

Bad drivers

Corrupt registry

Fixes

Test / replace memory - Done (by swapping around)

renew drivers - usually done if you can get into safe mode

Corrupt registry - clean the registry in safmode or repair install

Can you get get into safe mode all? (Tap F8 at boot) try last known good Configuration first

you could do a repair install to fix the above

Like this post
willsonrj

Likes # 0

hi both,

i don't have a xp cd other than the manufactures which as you say is no good.

if i can't get hold of one quickly are there any other options?

can get into any mode i.e, safe, last good config etc. the only option is have is to disable atuo restart which gives the bsod as defined above.

any other options?

thanks again

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"i don't have a xp cd .....if i can't get hold of one quickly are there any other options?"

Yes, if you look at the top of the webpage I linked to you'll see some information on creating a bootable CD with the XP Recovery Console on it. I haven't followed those instructions myself but in principle it looks promising.

Like this post
willsonrj

Likes # 0

hi, followed the link and created the bootable cd. instructions and process bullet proof. Ran chkdsk. said that it found and fixed one or more errors on the volume. but still no change, that is continually reboots in all modes except when disabling auto restart and then gives bsod with same bad pool caller 0x000000c2 error.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite