We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

bsod

willsonrj

Likes # 0

Hi, can't get beyond blue screen (and only get that when disabling auto restart), no safe mode, no command prompt. Just keeps rebooting. Hardware tests ok. Any other options other than re format. In middle off tax return!

Thanks, Richard

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

"If I can get hold of a xp CD will it be different/better from the bootable xp CD I created from your link at the beginning of this correspondence?"

Yes, it'll be very different as a Microsoft XP CD is used for installing (or repairing) a Windows installation. You can either use it to try a repair as suggested by FB, or use the XP CD to create a BartPE bootable CD with a view to rescuing your personal data and/or trying FB's System Restore.

Or you could simply remove the hard drive from the PC, insert it into one of those USB-connected caddies to carry out the last two tasks I just mentioned.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014