We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Kaspersky Internet Security - Why is the 3 user version often cheaper?

Sizzers
Resolved

Likes # 0

I’m curious as to why the 3 user version is cheaper than the 1 user version.

I’ve noticed that very often they are either the same price, or in some instances noticeably cheaper (I’ve just seen the 3 user version at £15 less at my local Staples than the 1 user version right next to it!) Is there a catch?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Was it cheaper than this one from Amazon.

Kaspersky

Remember it is still free from Barclay's if you are a customer

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It is worthwhile shopping around but make sure that you are comparing the same product eg 2012 or 2013, or Antivirus or Security Suite. There is no catch as far as I am aware.

BTW Amazon may well be cheaper.

Like this post
Sizzers

Likes # 0

No - I wasn’t specifically looking for it, mind, I just happened to notice it.

I do have to renew my Kaspersky soon, though, so can you actually use the 3 user version for just one PC?, or does it have to be loaded on to three PC’s for it to operate. Would seem bizarre if you could as what would be the point of them offering the one user version??? (they were both the 2013 Internet Security releases).

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Use it on one PC and let any members of the family or friends use the other 2.

As far as I know that's how it works.It has always worked for me with no problems.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I have the three user version (free through Barclays). At one time I had it installed on one pc only but have added my laptop so only 2 out of the three. It is a maximum of 3. I think that Jock1e may be breaking the EULA which refers to you as the user.

Like this post  
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I'll retract slightly from my previous post as it states on the box 3 users not 3 pc's. The EULA is not clear about this.

Like this post
Sizzers

Likes # 0

That’s cool, and thanks.

Still doesn’t make sense why the 3 user version is usually the same price and very often cheaper than the one user version, though. Guess they must think people with only one PC are gullible! Thanks again.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

All the installations of the software have the same expiry date. If you install on one a month later they end up with the first date. If you renew too early this also affects the licence dates.

Like this post
Sizzers

Likes # 0

I only want it for the one PC hence the question.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

No problem with just one PC.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......