We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to send screenshot

ponytail

Likes # 0

I have been having a lot of trouble trying to install a game called wings of prey.Have been in touch with the makers and have got so far.They now want me to send them a screenshot of some icons but how do I do that.Tried copy and paste and drag and drop but neither works can someone advise

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Top right on your keyboard is Print Scrn/SysRq. Press that, then in your email editor Ctrl +V to paste it.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi onthelimit1 found this

www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows

It seems to have worked what do you think

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Sorry seems to be a problem with this link found it on google

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

ponytail

I tried your link, here: WIKIHOW. Fine, and I use the w7 snipping tool, but onthelimit1's method, which after years of using PC's I did not know, was far quicker and a brilliant tip! Thanks.

Like this post
Batch

Likes # 0

As an alternative, MWSnap (see http://download.cnet.com/MWSnap/3000-2072_4-10524229.html) enables one to capture precisely the part of the screen that you want. Note - I'm using it with WinXP, hope it still works with later OSs.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Print Screen captures the entire screen. Alt+Print Screen copies only the active window.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Print Screen does not seem to work with FF and GMX. I have to paste into Paint and save as a jpg from there.

Like this post
caccy

Likes # 0

In FF "ctrl" and "prtscn" together copy the screen to your clipboard. From there you can copy it to your word processor.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

caccy

My email client GMX will not allow pasting images/pictures from the clipboard, just tried your suggestion.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

SillBill, that doesn't mean it won't work for ponytail and the email he is using.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes