We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

CAn I run OSX on my new Toshiba Satellite U940 -100 Ultrabook core i3 1.75, 500GB 4MB

Jess May

Likes # 0

I have just got the above laptop and hate windows 8. Its clunky, got loads of stuff I dont want and I cant find stuff. I know old windows and osx quite well. I don''t want to downgrade to windows 7 because I think will lose the mouse pad signaling stuff that this model has. I want to run music editing programme on this and I have been told OSX are better for music editing due to how windows 7 and 8 prioritise there jobs, and that now it is possible to run OSX well on a PC? Or maybe Linux? HELP!THANKS!! :)

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 1

Windows 7 should not lose your mouse pad drivers. It should pick up a basic set and then Windows update should find the later ones.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Suggest that you get used to W8. Installing OSX on an non-mac is not for the faint hearted and you may well find is not possible on your laptop.

The alternative to either W8 or W7 is probably sell the Tosh and buy a mac. But I'm not sure that MAC's are better for music editing.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today