We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PCA problems this morning ditto

Resolved

Likes # 0

It is both I/E and Firefox.

Could not sign into any of them this morning but after a short spell I did manage.

Tried answering a post with Firefox and got a problem notice.

Sent all right with I/E but the posters name has gone again.

I know we usually get a few problems on a Sunday But this is mainly a Firefox Question.

Anyone else think FireFox is running slower since the 18-18.01 updates

This would not post in Firefox so trying with I/E

Like this post

Likes # 0

I use the built in Reader app for PDFs. Works ok. For printing docs go to charms bar and select Devices to print. Basic but good enough for my use.

rdave13.

Like this post

Likes # 0

More info about Reader, http://windows-reader-windows-8.en.softonic.com/

rdave13.

Like this post

Likes # 0

rdave13.

Must admit I did not know if I needed Foxit or not on W/8 but downloaded it just in case.

Like this post

Likes # 0

rdave13

Thanks for the info about the windows reader.If I get any problems with Foxit I know what to use in its place.

I could not get on with that Metro page so removed it as soon as I could so never noticed your reader.

An age thing I think.I could get to where I wanted one day and the next day I would forget how to get back again.

I am quite happy using W/8 with the shell add on it makes it easier for me.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Did you ever get Safe mode to work on W/8 from boot up.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I am using Firefox and recently updated Foxit Reader v 5.5 - available here

Since I updated it the Firefox warning on the plug in disappeared. I am having no problem opening up PDF's.

Posted by Difarn

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

This is what I get when I try to install it.It shows as Version 2.2.3.111 in Plug ins and when checking for updates I get this from Firefox.

Foxit Reader Plugin for Mozilla unknown plug in.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Decided to remove it after reading this+Plus it did not say anything about W/8 on the download.

Foxit

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I have Foxit Reader v5.5 and the Firefox plug in is as you say is 2.2.3.111 in Firefox - after I updated to v5.5 the Firefox warning disappeared. Mozilla says this is ok as long as Foxit Reader has been updated to include recent patches - which v 5.5 has.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

rdave13.

Did not download that one of yours.Tried another Softonics one and my Security program jumped in and stopped it from running.

Looks like Softonic might be downloading some crapware downloads with it.

Downloaded PDF Reader with the hope that it does all right.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014