We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nero 9 essentials

hiwatt
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi folks.My PC came with Nero essentials 9.Upon installing it there are only 2 burning options and they are "Data burning" and "Copy disc" yet in the help/tutorial section it says there should be a "Audio burning" screen for burning a cd.I know this is a "bare bones" version but I would have thought it could have burned a regular cd? Is this the way it should be? I actually installed Ashampoo from cnet but it installed the imminent toolbar among other "crap" without my permission so I had to uninstall it.Thanks.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

If you select "Data burning" is there not then an option to burn music as a conventional music CD?

Personally, I dislike Nero software and always use CDBurnerXP which, despite its name, supports CD and DVD and isn't only for XP! It is a free program and doesn't install any junk software in the PC.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Hi mgmcc No there isn't at all.There's not even a disc at once option.When you select the tracks to be burned there's only a burn option in the data burning section.Strange? I was hoping to install ashampoo but it installed a lot of crap(including active x controls) and changed my home page etc.The stuff it installed wasn't even the box that I unticked. I've tried cd burner xp but I did prefer Ashampoo.I'll probably go with cd burner xp though unless I can find a "clean" install of ashampoo?Thanks.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

You can download Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 (FREEWARE) from here > http://www.freewarefiles.com/ashampoo-burning-studio-freeprogram41028.html

Do NOT install using Express Install this will install all the crap that you don't need or want. Use Custom Install and uncheck all the crap.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Another broken link, copy & paste from http to html

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

If you get "Page not Found" type Ashampoo Burning Studio 6.82 FREE into the search box at the top of the page.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Ah!That's more like SillBill.Nice clean install of ashampoo.You wouldn't believe the trouble installing the one from Cnet caused me.It took me ages to eventually get rid of the imminent toolbar/program and it wasn't even shown as part of the download using custom installation.Anyway all sorted now.Thank you folks.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback