We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do i do DVD to DVD copying

SWEENEY TOD

Likes # 0

I want to reproduce a DVD that i have had made from my old Cine films. I have a lap top and external HP CD/DVD RW Multi recorder. I would also like to save a copy on my external Hardrive so that i always have back up.

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

1) Copy the contents of the existing DVD to a folder in your PC.

2) Copy that folder to your external hard drive for your backup.

3) Burn the contents of the newly created folder in the PC to a second DVD to create a copy of the original.

Like this post
SWEENEY TOD

Likes # 0

Ok thanks mgmcc, i will try that.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

You may need 3rd party software to copy the DVD to your harddrive, if so I suggest using CD Toolbox (Free Program). This will copy the entire contents of most CD/DVD 's to your harddrive for editing /copying.

If you have window 7 or 8, you should be able to do a direct copy from the original DVD to the new one, otherwise you will need 3rd party software.

Terry

CD toolbox

Like this post
SWEENEY TOD

Likes # 0

Yes mgmcc, it worked thank you.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If you have NERO just put the disc in the drive click copy it will copy to the hard drive then open DVD drive so you can remove disc and install a blank dvd to burn

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks