We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

High speed ethernet transfer cable

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

I just bought this high speed ethernet cable.

Ethernet cable

Now my idea was just to transfer a couple of giveawayoftheday programs from one computer to another.

But having read it a bit more it looks like it is only for transferring files.

It does not transfer programs.

Is there anything else I can use this cable for or is it best storing it and forgetting about it.

I was bored at the time and thought why not it would give me something to do.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Mailwasher pro.Tune up utilities.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

difarn

Only if you want to pay for it.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Please ignore those two programs I assumed they were from Givawatoftheday as that is where I get most of my free pro programs but got mailwasher from here.

BitsDuJour Software Receipt - MailWasher Pro 2012 so I assume that was from a different source.

I tunes I cannot track down where it came from I have a keycode with it and it does not mention givawayoftheday on it so not sure where I got that.

I do apologise for wasting your time.I should have checked first.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Not I tunes.Tune up utilities that should be.

I usually get most of my programs for free so got a bit mixed up.Sorry.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Better close this one quick before I make any more mistakes.

Like this post  
alanrwood

Likes # 0

No problems Jock1e

Glad to be able to help and to explain the situation.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Jock1e, just something to read, link and it says it can transfer installed programs?

Whether it's worth the £27.95 to test out is something else! link.

Try Googling a bit more to research the program just to see what it can transfer correctly.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

This is a hard drive migration program meant to transfer all the files from one hard drive to another. I would not think this is worth looking at just to get a couple of programs moved across. It could be cheaper to just buy the programs and avoid the problems with a migration program.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

alanrwood, most probably, that's why I didn't think the investment worth it. It does state that you can be selective on which applications you can transfer. I have never used it so can't recommend or otherwise. Hence the suggestion to find out more about the program via a search engine.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

rdave13

Don't really need that program at the moment but it may come in handy at some time.

Thanks everyone for all of the information it was appreciated.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad