We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

D sub power saving mode LG monitor help

Nia11

Likes # 0

Hello, My new pc can connect to my tv via hdmi but when I connect it to my monitor via vga cable it displays d sub power saving mode.

Specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yfKL

video card : gigabyte amd radeon hd 7870

Monitor: Lg E2242C-BN

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I can't personally answer this but have you looked at some of the Google results? Click Here

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

I had a similar problem. I resolve it by reinstalling the monitor using the drivers on the LG disc instead of plug and play drivers - I also installed the Forte Manager that came with it. I am using a DVI cable rather than a VGA. Have you tried a different cable.

Like this post
Nia11

Likes # 0

The monitor only has a vga input . My laptop can connect to it via vga but not my pc.

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

Have you tried another vga cable? Do you have the installation disk for the monitor?

Like this post
mgmcc

Likes # 0

As the new PC can connect via HDMI, is it possible that there is a setting to select which output mode the graphics card uses? Obviously this is problematical as you'd have to connect to the TV via HDMI and then change the setting at which point you might lose the existing display, unless you can select multiple outputs.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

On your pc did you look at the Power Saving Options? you may have the vga monitor set to power down

Is it W8 ? Windows 8 Power Plan Settings might help a bit

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days