We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ending a photo as an attachment

Trenny

Likes # 0

My husband's laptop has windows 7 and he uses windows mail for emails. He wants to send a photo as an attachment. How can he do this? Right-clicking and going to 'send to...' doesn't seem to work. ie the image goes into the body of the email and, when he sends this to me I can't open it (I have Vista). Any ideas?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

In Windows Mail - compose email message window, you can click on Insert and File Attachement to have a file attached to the email showing the file name in the Attach area un the Subject line.

Another option is to click on Insert and Picture to have a image inserted into the email to be seen. You can scale this image by dragging the border to the size you want it though. (sounds like this is what he is doing)

Check from the main Windows Mail screen to make sure that you have Save copy of sent messages in the 'Sent Items' folder checked in Tools, Options, Send tab.

What error message do you get tryng to open it on your vista machine?

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

I do not use windows 7 (XP user), however try this method.

Open the mail program, also open the location of your photo.

'TILE' the screen ( Right click on taskbar).

Drag the photo into the body(Where you type) of the email message. This will automaticly put it in the insert bar, keeping the same dimensions as the original

This should work for any file.

Terry

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more