We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Driver Magician free for 24 hours.

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

Driver Magician free for 24 hours for those that want to try it.

I have used it myself before but it does tend to through up the same drivers that you have already downloaded so you have to keep a check as to what you have used.

Driver Magician

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Maybe best nobody else try that download out just now as I seem to be getting some problems with my security program using up 50% of my CPU.

So running a scan to see if it finds anything probably just a hicup.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Everything seems to be all clear and my security program is running normally again after another reboot.So panic over.

[Installing the application requires a bit of extra care because it comes bundled with third party software that may change the settings of your system if you simply go through the setup clicking 'Next'.]

northumbria61 Probably one of those bundled add ons that upset my security program.

For that reason plus I download very little I am going to give it a miss this time but thanks for trying to help.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

The problem with this 'free' software is you want it to work and replace drivers after a rebuild. GAOTD released software will only install on the day of release, so in 3 months time when you rebuild your OS and then go to use this driver software, it will not activate. Useless then really after a reinstall.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Jock1e

Give File Hippo a try. You dont have to do anything at all with whatever it finds if you would rather not.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Avoid these types of software as they can and frequently do cause more problems than they say they will solve and I speak through experience.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Will close this now but if anyone thinking of downloading it it has to be downloaded and the keycode entered before 8am tomorrow morning or it will not work after that time.

Like this post  
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Anyone thinking of downloading any driver wherever, never ever download an unsigned driver as Microsoft reacts badly to them and your computer will slow down considerably.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...