We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Driver Magician free for 24 hours.

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

Driver Magician free for 24 hours for those that want to try it.

I have used it myself before but it does tend to through up the same drivers that you have already downloaded so you have to keep a check as to what you have used.

Driver Magician

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

northumbria61

To download the actual program is quick enough.it is downloading the Drivers that are taking time.

Does your program speed up the download of drivers.it took me nearly 20 minutes to download a 4.5Mb driver file.

Ok opened your program and My security program jumped in and deleted something that came with your program.

I notice it has it blocked so just going to reboot and see if I get the same warning.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Read the review and decide for yourself as I can only say that I like it myself.enter link description here Also click on where it says Read an in-depth analysis etc. Care does need to be taken if you decide to install so that you only install what you want (ie.Custom install)

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

No it popped up again so it has been blocked 3 times according to the logs.

This is what it says.

17/01/2013 17:24:46 3280 C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe Blocked by rule DOWNLOAD.SPEEDBIT.COM

Probably Emisoft being over protective or something trying to get in along with the download.

No problem I would download it to my computer then scan it before downloading it.

How good is it.I am usually quite happy with my download speeds but that one today was very slow.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Maybe best nobody else try that download out just now as I seem to be getting some problems with my security program using up 50% of my CPU.

So running a scan to see if it finds anything probably just a hicup.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Everything seems to be all clear and my security program is running normally again after another reboot.So panic over.

[Installing the application requires a bit of extra care because it comes bundled with third party software that may change the settings of your system if you simply go through the setup clicking 'Next'.]

northumbria61 Probably one of those bundled add ons that upset my security program.

For that reason plus I download very little I am going to give it a miss this time but thanks for trying to help.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

The problem with this 'free' software is you want it to work and replace drivers after a rebuild. GAOTD released software will only install on the day of release, so in 3 months time when you rebuild your OS and then go to use this driver software, it will not activate. Useless then really after a reinstall.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Jock1e

Give File Hippo a try. You dont have to do anything at all with whatever it finds if you would rather not.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......