We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best PC configuration for gaming within Rs.30000/-

sabha0786

Likes # 0

I own a PC with the following specs presently:

Motherboard - Intel D945GCR, Processors - Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s),Graphics Card - Nvidia Geforce GT430, RAM - 2GB DDR2, SMPS - Intex 400W

I am planning to upgrade my PC after six long years to be able to play games like Max Payne3, Far Cry3, Crysis3 etc. in high graphics settings without any hitch.I am not looking to upgrade again after this for another 3-4 years. What will be the best configuration for me within a budget of around Rs.30000?

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

How much is Rs.30000 in £, € or $?

Like this post
sabha0786

Likes # 0

It is equal to 550$.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

OK, so about £350 (most of the people on the forum are Brits - hence the conversion... :-) )

I'm not sure whether an upgrade is appropriate, or whether you really need a new PC. The GT430 is a pretty inexpensive graphics card, and, for those games at good resolutions, I'd guess you're going to need something like a GTX560. To do justice to a GTX560, you really need a quad core CPU for gaming, clocked at 3GHz up. I'm not sure your motherboard will support a quad core CPU - and your PSU would be right on the edge of what it would need to be to support a more powerful graphics card. You'd also definitely need a memory upgrade - to at least 4GB, ideally 8GB. And: it seems there are new games that only support W7.

So, that's probably more than an upgrade - it's pretty much a new machine. I just bought a quad core )4GHz), GTX560SE, 8GB PC off eBay for a little over £400. Have you checked eBay where you are?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer