We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SAMSUNG V TOSHIBA LAPTOPS

sunnystaines

Likes # 0

Seen in JL two laptops

1]Samsung 350V5C 15.6-inch Laptop (Silver) - (Intel Core i5 3210M 2.5GHz Processor, 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8)

2]Toshiba Satellite L875-12P PSKFNE-00F00KEN 3rd Generation Intel Core i5-3210M 2.50 / 3.10 Turbo GHz, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB 1000 GB HDD, 17.3" HD Display, AMD RadeonTM HD 7670M 2GB dedicated Graphics, DVD-RW, Bluetooth 4.0, HDMI Port, HD Camera, Windows 8-64bit,

any advice comments welcome I am edging towards the samsung as its £100 cheaper, do i need the extra ram would it be useful use for internet,office, photos

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

ian the important part of EFI in W8 is " Windows 8 includes further optimizations for UEFI systems, including a faster startup and secure boot support"

had a play around in store with w8 got a few questions so will pop them into the w8 forum on pca.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

is the following spec faster or slow than my original post

Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 3630QM (2.4GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)Intel HM76.

also woolworths.co.uk are ok, from what i can make out they sell on credit only no one answers their phone it justrings for a while then cuts off. they have good prices but their website just does not seem right.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

i7 Faster.

woolworths.co.uk are part of Shop Direct Limited (Littlewoods).

You can pay by debit or credit card..

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

Lazarus The 2nd

thankyou

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

decided to get a

NP350E7C Series 3 17.3" Notebook

samsung no longer selling it but plenty of them for sale on the net.

any PCA readers got one can give feedback, read some reviews on line they all say good about it.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

well got a laptop but strange after reading reviews on the net you decide on a laptop then see it in the flesh on display and its a disappointment or the one next to it is better and has a large discount making it a better deal.

got a samsung np700

good points back lit keyboard good battery life good screen, sound very fast good samsung software that puts in a program menu makes finding software so much easier no need for startmenu8

poor points no removable battery loads apps slow, but everything else very fast

thanks all those that gave advice.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014