We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Script Errors: How do I Get Rid of Them?

Lizzie42

Likes # 0

We are getting very annoying and persistent 'Script Error' warnings in many of the sites in Internet Explorer eg. You Tube, Google News, Surveys and this site. I had to change to Chrome to post this message.

The Script Errors inform that:
'An error has occurred in the script on this page' 'Unable to get value of the property 'submit' (and/or other words) object is null or undefined' Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes or No

I have checked that in Internet Options both the boxes for 'Disabled script bugging in IE and other' are ticked and I have deleted 'Temporary Internet Files' I have also been to the Java Control Panel and updated - but we are still getting these annoying messages. IE is now impossible to use and I don't particularly like Chrome.

Can anyone help me please.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

There you go. Script errors.

Like this post
Lizzie42

Likes # 0

Thank you Chronos but the link tells you to d check on - that in Internet Options both the boxes for 'Disabled script bugging in IE and other and leave the notification box unchecked. I did all this in the first instance and the script messages still appear and now are getting more frequent. We cannot use IE at all

Read more: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4201643/script-errors--how-do-i-get-rid-of-them/?pn=1#ixzz2I2d5uOLV

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Your link just opens this page in another tab.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

What version of IE are you using?

Like this post
Lizzie42

Likes # 0

I am using IE 9 and all updates are complete. The last updates numbered 16 - I am wondering whether one was troublesome?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...