We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Canon MG6250 printer offline when it's online ??

Baskerville

Likes # 0

Hello all,

Windows Vista Home Premium.

My printer (above) is saying that it is offline when it's online, and keeps queuing jobs, I decided to take the printer off the computer (get rid of it) and re install it, now when I try to install the printer the computer cannot find it even though it is wireless and the printer is turned on ? this is with my laptop and nothing I do seems to make any difference so I decided to use my son's computer because mine has a faulty dvd drive and will not play DVD'd CD's so could not re-install the set-up cd rom to put the software on the computer.

After a long time trying to get it working wirelessly without success I decided to usb to usb and install the software like a factory re-set to start afresh, this went well and after everything seemed to be ok tried to print off a page or two but got the message 'printer is offline' again, anyone have any idea what is going wrong here as it's doing my head in, why does my computer not seem to see the printer ??

The wep key is is ok and has been put into the printer again but still no luck ??

Thanks for any help,

Baskerville.

Like this post
Baskerville

Likes # 0

Done what I was instructed to do, damn thing not responding, wish I had bought a cheapo printer now, besides that the store I bought it from has gone bust.

Anyone help sort this problem out ??

Thanks to all that reply,

Baskerville.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone