We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unable to Tick a Thread as Resolved

wee eddie

Likes # 0

The only Thread with such a Title has been locked.

The Search box is verging on useless as you cannot filter by date and most of the Threads picked up are over 5 years old.

Also cannot Contact FE.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

muddypaws

Works for me with AB+ switched on.Probably using a different filter.Fanboys adblock list I use.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I use google for searching pca forum, example:

put your text here site:pcadvisor.co.uk/forums

try it out, copy and paste this into google

hdmi site:pcadvisor.co.uk/forums

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Lotvic

That is a useful tip though I must admit I do not search PCA these days.

As for the green tick,with me sometimes I can sometimes I cannot do this. Much the same as the format icons in the reply to this topic box. Sometimes they appear but most times they do not. I suspect that it is because I use this http://www.privacychoice.org/trackerblock/ie9 ( the icon are not there hence the link is not the usual way I would post. But I would rather have the intrusive ads,so loved by PCA, blocked than not.

Like this post
X7-250

Likes # 0

"I'm using IE9 64bit... I have Loaded the latest version of Java 64bit and it is enabled"

you should be using the 32bit version of IE9 and downloading the 32bit version of Java. the 64bit version is known to have many issues.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

X7-250: The reason for the 64bit is because everything else on my System is 64bit.

Like this post
X7-250

Likes # 0

"everything else on my System is 64bit"

very unlikely, 64bit systems have a folder 'programs x86' and it's typical for the majority of software to be installed there, x86 = 32bit

from the java download page; "64-bit Windows operating systems (which may be Windows 7, Vista or XP) come with a 32-bit Internet Explorer (IE) browser as the standard (default) for viewing web pages. These operating systems also include a 64-bit Internet Explorer browser, however using it is optional and it must be explicitly selected to view web pages. Note that because some web content may not work properly in a 64-bit browser, we recommend using the default 32-bit browser and downloading 32-bit Java."

and as for the PCA search results, before selecting 'past week/month' change the order from 'relevancy' to 'date' http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4176865/pcadvisor-search--facility/

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

and as for the PCA search results, before selecting 'past week/month' change the order from 'relevancy' to 'date' http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4176865/pcadvisor-search--facility/

No, I know it should but unfortunately it doesn't

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

X7-250 that's a good point about using IE 32bit as it is known there are issues with IE 64bit working.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to upgrade to BT's YouView+ box: DTR-T1000 vs DTR-T2100

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features