We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

display driver has stopped responding and has now been resolved

andy63walsh

Likes # 0

Hi, now and then i get a message saying ....display driver has stopped responding and has now been resolved, any ideas?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

A few more details would be useful. Make/model of graphics card or make/model of PC. Operating system. When was the last time you updated your graphic card drivers?

Do you use your PC for gaming? If so what type of games?

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

it says ati radeon family has stopped. I'm on windows 7, don't use it for gaming. I have two small screens on it though, one is just looped playing a basic video all the time (it has been running no problem up till now)

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

What about drivers,when did you last update them? If you can tell me make and model of PC I'll find out what GPU you have.

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

we have a dell vostro 1000, i will look for the drivers now.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Is it a laptop?

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

yes laptop

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Ah,that makes a difference than if it was a desktop.That is why it is important to supply as much info as you can in your opening thread.

I am a desktop man and know little of laptops. But you say it was running fine and the problem has just begun. If it were a desktop I would say check fans for dust and update driver but with a laptop I have no idea, sorry.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

FWIW, my son runs a GTX560 (i.e. NVIDIA rather than ATI/AMD), and sees this occasionally also. It is sufficiently momentary in nature that we've never tried to fix it: he suspects it is application-dependent (i.e. it just happens at certain times in the games he plays).

Like this post
Number six

Likes # 0

This is a fairly common problem with AMD Radeon graphics. A driver update often cures, if not some more ideas here:

AMD Radeon

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

I updated the driver, now the laptop has died, keeps trying to start up and reboots constantly. I can get into safe mode, but not sure what to do next.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

Game of Thrones VFX work wins Emmy for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

How to win iTunes Festival 2014 tickets: See Pharrell Williams, Ed Sheeran, Paolo Nutini, Kylie &...