We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to get digital signal on D-Sub Monitor?

PJDaddy

Likes # 0

I have recently purchased a new Computer with Blu-ray drive (LG). The monitor I am using is a LG E2240S which only has a D-sub cable connection. The graphics card is a Radeon HD6850. What do I need to get images from the Blu-Ray player. Cheers, Jack

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

If your monitor is connected to your PC then you do not require any further cables.

If your computer came with a Blu-ray drive, you should already have some sort of Blu-ray-capable software on your computer. Very few manufacturers will ship a computer with a Blu-ray drive without including compatible software. Check to see if a software Blu-ray player came pre-installed on your system that you just didn't know about.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

I'm not sure whether your question is one of logical connectivity or physical connectivity. For the latter, you may be looking for one of these. For the former, as Chronos says, you shouldn't have any problems - unless e.g. DCHP gets in the way, which I'd doubt.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Ian in Northampton

The HD 6850 come with 2 DVI connections so that adapter will be what he needs. I should have read his post properly,I saw the D and immediately thought DVI,I have no idea why.

Like this post
PJDaddy

Likes # 0

Thanks Guys, The problem, I think, is a physical connection issue as the monitor is connected to the computer with a D-Sub cable (only connection available on monitor). I assumed i'd need an adaptor for the monitor but didn't know if it had to be HDMI or DVI, I presume I would also need a different cable? The computer came with Cyberlink PowerDVD9 installed and when i ran it's BD advisor program I got the following info which i find confusing:- 1) It says graphics card not BD ready - Is this a cable issue? 2) Advanced help says there is no hardware decodes(?) - H264/Mpeg2/VC1. These mean nothing to me! Any further advice would be greatly appreciated. Should I just contact Chillblast?

Thanks again, Jack

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

No it is not a cable issue it is a Cyberlinjk issue. But just to sort the cable issue out get an adapter that Ian in Northampton linked to that is all you need. Your monitor must be quite old if that is the only connection you have.

Back to your error message if you got your PC from ChillBlast then I know that they have a good customer service so I would contact them as they will know exactly what your PC has.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...