We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Home page keeps changing!

Migwell

Likes # 0

Nearly every day my Home search page keeps changing. I Never had this problem when I used Google but I now want to use Bing, but nearly every day it changes from Bing to some other site I have not come accross before. Is there a way to lock my search enging to Bing so others can't change it?

Like this post
bobbybluenose

Likes # 0

Spanner> tools settings manage search engines uncheck the one's you do not want to use .

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Name of the site it changes to and what browser do you use.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Could be a bug that redirects. The last time I had this, I had to use Kaspersky's TDSS killer to get rid of it - malwarebytes didn't find it.

Like this post
Migwell

Likes # 0

The site that takes over is HTTP:// www.iespell.com The one I am using is bing, at the moment. I have changed from Google after some of the things that people say that Google are up to these days.

Like this post
Migwell

Likes # 0

Sorry please ignore the previous post what I should have put is:- http://search.conduit.com/?SearchSource=10&ctid=CT3196716

I had written them both on the same bit of paper. Migwell

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Whatever browser you use find the 'search manager' usually under tools or settings, and in the list disable or delete conduit after making another search engine the default.

Then you need to change your home page to your preference.

Check programs and features for Conduit and uninstall.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more