We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

can,t double click anything.

bobbybluenose
Resolved

Likes # 0

I cannot double click on any files > Programs at all, also lost the option to open when I right click lost msconfig, cannot run avg or spybot,limited downloads I have tried to fix these issues but not getting any ware,just going round in circles,I understand I have a virus which may have changed the registry ,when I right click I get the options > send to >cut >copy >create short cut > delete >rename > properties ,can anydoby point me in the right direction please as I do not have a windows cd therefore cannot format.o/s XP PRO

• Tags:
  • xp
Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Try Control Panel and click on mouse.Double click speed set it to the middle only if it is already set to high.Apply Ok.

Mine is set to one notch passed the middle.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Jock1e

He CAN'T Double click!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

He doesn't need to single click should open it.Not unless that does not work either.

I meant the double click settings to put the slider into the middle.

Normally the double click is on the left I was just wondering if it could now be on the right maybe the settings were changed.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Jock1e

I was thinking more or less the same things!

Like this post
bobbybluenose

Likes # 0

Bill Jock /tried mouse in a new USB socket still same results, so purchased new mouse to eliminate the problem , so now I am using new mouse and the problem still persists ,should I go ahead and try run the rescue disk ?.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Bobby

Assuming you have burned your Kaspersky Rescue Disc from the ISO download, scroll down to Step 4 and follow the instructions (Read through them first or Print them so that you can follow them step by step)

> https://support.kaspersky.com/8092

Like this post
bobbybluenose

Likes # 0

Thank you both for all your help and advice , I will print off the instructions for the Kaspersky Rescue Disc,I think we have spent enough time on this issue , so I will tick the post ,i will post results of the rescue disk as and when I complete it , once again thank you both , bbn

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Also worth trying a repair#

Search Box type

sfc /scannow

press enter

let windows find and replace missing or corrupt windows files it will a while to complete.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Sorry XP pro Start - Run type sfc /scannow

Like this post
bobbybluenose

Likes # 0

Hi Fruit Bat , thanks tried that but asking for win XP CD witch I do not have

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...