We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

can,t double click anything.

bobbybluenose
Resolved

Likes # 0

I cannot double click on any files > Programs at all, also lost the option to open when I right click lost msconfig, cannot run avg or spybot,limited downloads I have tried to fix these issues but not getting any ware,just going round in circles,I understand I have a virus which may have changed the registry ,when I right click I get the options > send to >cut >copy >create short cut > delete >rename > properties ,can anydoby point me in the right direction please as I do not have a windows cd therefore cannot format.o/s XP PRO

• Tags:
  • xp
Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Can you download Malwarebytes and let it do a full scan?

Like this post  
bobbybluenose

Likes # 0

no unfortunately I have tried but wont down load have tried several time from different sites. gets so far then I get a error message .

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Have you got access to another computer or laptop? you may have to download and burn the Kaspersky Rescue Disc 10 to a CD or DVD.

Like this post
bobbybluenose

Likes # 0

will try on sons laptop, thanks for your help will post results later .

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

If you can get the Kaspersky disc, the download site should explain how to use it, otherwise someone here will talk you through it.

Like this post
bobbybluenose

Likes # 0

downloaded Kaspersky disc,no idea were to begin can someone Guid me through it please

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

have u tried another mouse.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Go into safe mode with networking and try and download and run Hitmanpro 3.7

enter link description here

See if that works.

If using I/E go into Internet options.Connections.Lan.Top box should be ticked but if Use a proxy server is ticked underneath it untick it.press Ok and quickly update and run your security programs.

Like this post
bobbybluenose

Likes # 0

Tried to run hitmanpro 3.7 in safe mode but not having it, get message c/Documents\downloads hitmanPro -64(1).exe is not valid win32 application,so were next ? i am still running in safe mode netwoking .

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Ok try this one in safe mode it helped me out on many occasions.

If it asks for payment ignore it and carry on with the scam you get a months free trial.

If the problem is in the host file that will clear it.

Trojan remover

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......