We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Clock on PC is loosing time

mctrout

Likes # 0

The last few days the clock my PC has been loosing time. Since last night it has lost 7 hours 15 mins. I searched google to see what the cause might be & the two main answers I found were 1 the CMOS battery was draining & 2 the Motherboard was failing. I hope it is only the battery. But is there a way for me to find out if it is the Motherboard that is the cause. Thanks Mac

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

YouTube have a number of videos showing how to change the battery, if you are not sure about doing a change.

More info: http://wwwcomputerhope.com/issues/ch000239.htm

You can usually slip the battery under the metallic tab (if available), but if you try this method don't use force, as the tab might break, or the space between the battery and tab might get wider, making electric circuit contact a little difficult.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Whoops, missed a dot off the above link- try: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000239.htm

Like this post
mctrout

Likes # 0

It was the battery, I installed a new one set the date & time then shut down the PC. I have just turned it back on & the time is as it should be. When I saw it could be either the battery or the motherboard, I thought the way my luck has been for the last few weeksit's bound to be the motherboard. Maybe my l7uck is changing. Thanks to all for replying

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide