We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Outlook 2010 stationery create new

Resolved

Likes # 0

I have recently upgraded to Office 2010, and are having problems with applying stationery

In particular, I would like to create my own 'backgrounds' for use as stationery.

Any Suggestions?

Terry

Like this post

Likes # 0

Tutorial for Creating Stationery in Word 2010 Is this what you are trying to do or are you trying to create something for e-mails in Outlook?

Taff™

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Hi Taff

Thanks for your fast reply.

What I am trying to do is create (e.g.)a logo /picture, where I can type over it and send it as Email.

I had a look at your sugestion for Word and with the fade and bring forward /back options and I may be able to something with that.

With Office 2003 stationery templates was easy, but it seems to be missing from 2010.

Terry

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Not so much missing but harder to find! I share your frustration. I'll send you a link on this forum to another tutorial. To be honest I create a template in Word and then import it to Outlook as a template or whatever they call it now, Hang fire ... Maybe tomorrow.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Now to Create Stationery in Outlook 2010 One method here. (Previously I have done the same using a Word Document)

How to Apply Stationery in Outlook 2010 For individual e-mails, replies or all e-mails

Creating the Signature can be done roughly the same way but use the Signature Tab from the same dialog box. Again I tend to produce it first in Word then copy and paste it into this dialog box. Far easier to adjust it later because I can keep the Word document separately.

Like this post  
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Thanks Taff

It is what I am looking for.

My other 'grudge' with office 2010 is scanning- on my old system (Office 2003), I went straight from the scanner to the word program. Simple- no problems, but because apparantly some people had problems, insteading of making a fix they removed it completly.

It is now scan to harddrive, name the file then insert into word and unless you want to keep the file, delete it ( After all I have the document I scanned in the first place)

Terry

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Not quite sure I understand that one. I don't think Office ever had a scan program to import straight into Word. What I have is OCR software supplied with my printer/scanner (Abbyy Finereader) which can scan straight to Word for immediate editing. Another Epson Wireless printer can scan to an image which can the either be printed out from a JPEG for example or put into Word as an image. Indeed I can turn it into a PDF for e-mail purposes.

If I just want a copy of a document I just do that from the printer like I would use a photocopier.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote