We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Canon iP4300 printer has no power

denims

Likes # 0

I was using my printer up until dinner time tonight without problems. When I came back, I noticed that the green light was not lit. I tried pressing the power button but no response. I have since checked the fuse in the power plug, checked connections, changed the wall socket I am using, changed the power cable, but nothing has worked. Has anyone any further ideas? Has the iP4300 got an internal fuse? I can't find any mention in the manual. Or has it finally given up the ghost after 6+ years?

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Looks like the power supply in the printer has failed. Six years isn't bad, and new printers aren't expensive example here

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Or if you want a real bargain Canon at Argos

Like this post
denims

Likes # 0

Thanks for confirming my fears that the printer is dead. I'm now in the process of searching for a suitable replacement.

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

Just a thought if you're getting a new printer,get one with seperate colour cartridges so that if one colour runs out you only need to replace that colour not a whole colour cartridge.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...