We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how to create a link to send as an email reply?

hiwatt
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi folks.I'm trying to send an mp3 file to someone. My email is yahoo and I'm trying to send an mp3 as a reply to a previous email.Yahoo's limit is 25mb.I've tried splitting into 2 files of around 18mb each but it still doesn't send?Can someone show me how to create a link to send as a reply to an email?I tried with yousendit but it's only asking for my email address and the recipients?Any help is much appreciated.Thanks.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

www.sendthisfile.com is free and will forward any size file, but the free service can be slow if the file is really big - say over 50MB.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

AFAIK yousendit provides the link to the file you have uploaded to their servers to send. The recipient has 7 days (free account) to download the file before it is removed from yousendit server.

"YouSendIt lets you send files up to 100 MB (for free) or 2 GB (paid accounts) via email."

"The uploaded documents are stored at YouSendIt for 7 (free) or 14 days (paid accounts), ready for download."

"Email recipients get a message containing a unique link to the file."

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Lotvic's comments also apply to sendthisfile except free account files are stored for 3 days BUT there is no limit on size.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Hi folks,I thought yousendit was free but it's asking for bank details even for the free trial?I've found a free one called Media fire.Has anyone tried this?I just want to reply to the email and include a link that will download the file automatically?

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Try

www.transferbigfiles.com

It is free and I have used it several times.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

Media fire did the trick.Thanks for your help folks!

Like this post  
lotvic

Likes # 0

I like the look of alanrwood's link transferbigfiles, it looks very easy to do drag n drop and "Send a large file right now without an account" 100MB max.

Like this post
hiwatt

Likes # 0

That one wasn't letting me create a link to send from my yahoo email.I could only upload the file,then insert the recipient and the senders address with a message.I was looking to upload a file then create a link to include in previous email exchanges.By the way although mediafire did just this when downloading the test file avast blocked a malicious website.jpeg that tried yo be opened up when the file downloaded.It seems to be a well used program too?

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

hiwatt

If you use sendthisfile in the future enter YOUR email as recipient, that way you can copy the link to the file you uploaded, however it will only be active for 3 days and, I think, 3 downloads, unless you take a paid for subscription.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia