We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Revo Uninstaller leaving stuff behind

hawthorn59

Likes # 0

Hi Folks

I was attempting to uninstalla Samsung printer earlier and did so with Revo uninstaller. However afterwards when I looked through "All Programmes" the Samsung folder was there and 4 other folders including the uninstall programme. So I uninstalled it (or what was left ???) with its own uninstall programme.

But shouldnt Revo have picked up this...??? Also the printer was listed in Revo in 3 parts/icons and I had to do each one seperately. is this correct i wonder?

thanks!

h

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Did you have it on the 4th setting or the 3rd.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Any uninstaller will only remove everything if the program was installed using the uninstaller in the first place.

Using the unistaller on a program that is already installed does nothing that windows add remove would have done anyway.

Programs create folders for themselves and extra items that get left behind when uninstalled this is why op systems get bloated and slow down and why a clean install is sometime recommended to help speed up a machine.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Regardless of any stage settings I would recommend not to use Revo uninstaller. Use it and it goes wrong and you have more problems. Use the uninstaller utility the program has then reboot. Use Ccleaner's reg cleaner to remove any left-over registry entries. That should be enough.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

Nothing is perfect. Revo like other programs may leave things behind.

You also have to consider human error. After a program is uninstalled revo searches for registry entries/files where you have to select and delete from the list. If you forget to delete an item it gets left behind.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

BRYNIT and in my experience of revo it can and does remove other registry entries involving other programs. Was a great utility up to Vista. Now I won't touch it. Behind the times unless you pay for the 'professional' version, in my humble opinion.

Like this post
hawthorn59

Likes # 0

Hmm never had any problems with it before. I did remove everything it found. Is there any other uninstaller you would recommend?

thanks everyone

h

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Moto G2 (2014) vs Moto E comparison review: New Moto G is worth the extra cash

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Oculus Rift 'Crescent Bay' prototype hands-on: it's an amazing experience

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...