We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Epson Compatible Ink Cartridges not recognised

shihtzu1

Likes # 0

I have just installed a full set of compatible cartridges for an Epson Stylus sx435w and it says cartridges not recognised. I have switched the printer off removed cartridges and then left it for awhile and reintalled cartridges and this still does not rectify the problem. I keep reading on the internet that there are alot of these problems but can't find an answer to the problem. Can anyone help me.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Enquire of the supplier of the compatible cartridges. They should refund in the event of not functioning.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

You could also try wiping the printed circuit chip with a clean, soft, cloth - gently.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Have you got the cartridges that you took out,on the assumption that they were original, could you put those back in again and do they still allow the printer to function, albeit not properly?

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

I'm currently using Jettec brand cartridges in an Epson SX445. Have used them for years in other Epson printers and find them trouble free. They are guaranteed and with a real "contactable" company behind them.

I tried other types in the early days and had numerous issues from poor printing to not being recognised.

Super market own brands (Morrison, Wilkinson and I think Asda) also appear to be the Jettec brand.

Like this post
shihtzu1

Likes # 0

Mooly Thank you for much for your advice on the JetTec cartridges. I went out and purchased the cartridges and they installed first time. I will now stick with these in the future.

Like this post
mooly

Likes # 0

That's good to hear :) Thanks for the update.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Epson had more than its fair share of not accepting compatibles, usually through 'chipping'. There was a number of ways of overcoming this, and that was then compatible suppliers began to offer extra warranties on their products.

Depending on what you paid for the compatibles, and whether its worth your time and effort. I would suggest that you contact the supplier for further advice or information, even though you now have a solution with JetTec cartridges.

Like this post

Likes # 0

The PCA website appears to not show who is making postings again?

spuds posted above.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...