We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HDMI lead seems not compatible

ponytail

Likes # 0

I bought the following from amazon

1 of HDMI to HDMI 1M Cable - Gold Connectors - For Use With SKY HD, HDTV, BLU-RAY, PS3, XBOX, Philips HMP2000, Apple TV, PLASMA LCD LED HD TV, VIRGIN BOX E

Did the cable work without the splitter?

--- Original message ---

Order ID 202-7132831-9577106: 1 of HDMI to HDMI 1M Cable - Gold Connectors - For Use With SKY HD, HDTV, BLU-RAY, PS3, XBOX, Philips HMP2000, Apple TV, PLASMA LCD LED HD TV, VIRGIN BOX E [ASIN: B001U1II34]

For Your Information: To help arbitrate disputes and preserve trust and safety, we retain all messages buyers and sellers send through Amazon.co.uk. This includes your response to the message below. For your protection we recommend that you only communicate with buyers and sellers using this method.

------------- Begin message -------------

Will try it without the splitter tonjght although I do need to use a splitter because there is only one HDMI socket on the TV and I have three units which need to be connected by HDMI.

--- Original message ---

Order ID 202-7132831-9577106: 1 of HDMI to HDMI 1M Cable - Gold Connectors - For Use With SKY HD, HDTV, BLU-RAY, PS3, XBOX, Philips HMP2000, Apple TV, PLASMA LCD LED HD TV, VIRGIN BOX E [ASIN: B001U1II34]

And you can see I have a problem I connected it to my WD Media player and the other end Into my three way HDMI splitter box but the red LED does not light up.Is it possible that this HDMI lead is a different type.I am now going to try and work my DVD player using this lead.Any advise would help

Like this post
jam2morrow

Likes # 0

I've had a similar problem with a new HDMI cable (thatCable) that will not work with my set top box, but will with my blu ray player.

My other HDMI cable (QED performance graphite) works with both devices.

Both cables have the same specification on paper: both are high speed, with an ethernet channel and v1.4 certified.

Please post back here if you get to the bottom of this mystery.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July