We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HDMI lead seems not compatible

ponytail

Likes # 0

I bought the following from amazon

1 of HDMI to HDMI 1M Cable - Gold Connectors - For Use With SKY HD, HDTV, BLU-RAY, PS3, XBOX, Philips HMP2000, Apple TV, PLASMA LCD LED HD TV, VIRGIN BOX E

Did the cable work without the splitter?

--- Original message ---

Order ID 202-7132831-9577106: 1 of HDMI to HDMI 1M Cable - Gold Connectors - For Use With SKY HD, HDTV, BLU-RAY, PS3, XBOX, Philips HMP2000, Apple TV, PLASMA LCD LED HD TV, VIRGIN BOX E [ASIN: B001U1II34]

For Your Information: To help arbitrate disputes and preserve trust and safety, we retain all messages buyers and sellers send through Amazon.co.uk. This includes your response to the message below. For your protection we recommend that you only communicate with buyers and sellers using this method.

------------- Begin message -------------

Will try it without the splitter tonjght although I do need to use a splitter because there is only one HDMI socket on the TV and I have three units which need to be connected by HDMI.

--- Original message ---

Order ID 202-7132831-9577106: 1 of HDMI to HDMI 1M Cable - Gold Connectors - For Use With SKY HD, HDTV, BLU-RAY, PS3, XBOX, Philips HMP2000, Apple TV, PLASMA LCD LED HD TV, VIRGIN BOX E [ASIN: B001U1II34]

And you can see I have a problem I connected it to my WD Media player and the other end Into my three way HDMI splitter box but the red LED does not light up.Is it possible that this HDMI lead is a different type.I am now going to try and work my DVD player using this lead.Any advise would help

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

This HDMI. Have you tried it direct between a device and TV? It could just be a duff cable.

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

I am not sure what the problem is I have a similar HDMI cable connecting my set top box to the splitter which works fine so I changed them around and the one which would not work on the media player works on the set top box but the one from the set top box wont work with the media player.These are 1.5mts long.I have a 3mt one which I was using for the media player and that worked fine.Dont understand why it works on the set top box but not the media player.Cannot remember what it is called it is the cable with Red,White and Yellow connectors.I am using one of these at present on the media player

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Sorry Chronos the 2nd Yes I did try connecting the media player directly to the TV but it made no difference

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

ponytail

Not sure if I am misunderstanding you but are you trying to use component output to HDMI input, if so, it won't work > http://www.bluejeanscable.co.uk/articles/component-to-hdmi-cable.htm

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I did try connecting the media player directly to the TV but it made no difference

Do you mean the cable link did not work?

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi SillBill

What I am trying to do is play video files which are on my media player the HDMI lead is going from the media player to the in socket on the splitter box and it worked fine when I used the 3mt cable it was that it was just too long and I wanted a shorter one

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Ponytail

Sounds like a defective cable, is it not possible to put a loop in the 3 mtr cable and use that?

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi Again sillbill The cable cannot be faulty as I plugged it into my set top box and the slitter box and it worked and the cable that was in the set top box would not work on the media player and yet the longer cable works fine.I might have to do what you say and use the longer one and put a small cable tie round it.But it does not explain why neither cables work when I connect them between the media player and the splitter box.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

You have not made it clear if all the cables you have tried are HDMI at both ends or one of them is RCA (composite AV cable Red, White and Yellow connectors) - as mentioned in your post Yesterday at 5:34PM http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCA_connector

This website has an excellent guide for what connection cables are needed for different pieces of equipment http://www.thatcable.com/connection-guide (in Preston, UK)

Like this post
ponytail

Likes # 0

Hi lotvic They are all HDMI cables

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites