We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BSOD's 4,5 or 6 Times A Day

The Paul
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, I have been getting BSOD's over the last 4-6 weeks but not too frequently. Over the last week or so they are now hitting me 4, 5 or 6 times each day. I’ve researched both here and the web in general but nothing I have found has helped resolve this. The BSOD's indicate the following reasons - IRQLNOTLESSOREQUAL - PAGEFAULTINNONPAGEDAREA - PFNLISTCORRUPT - MEMORYMANAGEMENT. I have recently, maybe the last 3 months or so, added 4GB Crucial Memory (2 x 2GB modules), a SanDisk 128GB SSD from which I now boot and an ASUS LCD Monitor. I have been told that the problem was faulty memory module/s so I called Crucial who have, kindly, taken them back and will send 2 new ones. But guess what, the BSOD's continue. Please help me as I cannot figure this mess out. I have been copying the Windows Has Recovered From A Serious Error messages but they don’t mean a thing to me. Thanks in advance for any help. Regards. Paul

Like this post
The Paul

Likes # 0

To save you guys any more hassle and time spent would I just be better off reinstalling Windows 7 to the SSD and forgetting the entire thing.

Like this post
The Paul

Likes # 0

Discussion in the house just now is about how long I have the PC. General view from every one is that I have the PC between late 3 years and 4 years. Reading through the spec on the item jock1e found that is the PC I have for sure. Sorry guys, my old memory is slipping.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

You might as well just reinstall Windows 7 on to the SSd but before you do let us make sure you have all the necessary drivers. Windows 7 does come with many but not all so I prefer to download the latest.

If you are pretty sure that the PC that jock1e found then we can start there. But first of all we need to make sure that we are looking at the right model which hopefully is this one. But and this is main reason that I will not use HP products, is finding anything on the support site can be a nightmare. According to this there are no drivers needed,which is rubbish, but I cannot see anything here except a lightscribe driver.(who still uses that for gods sake?)

I have a modern mobo and I need a couple of drivers off the disk that came with the mobo so I am puzzled as to why HP seems to think that it's boards do not.

I would reinstall Windows and see if you have any problems after.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Thank you for that. Im sorry but no name appears for you so I cant refer to you. The recovery disc (which I had to make as soon as I booted the system up for the first time) is a simple recovery disc. It, the HP, came preloaded with Vista which I didnt want hence the installation of Windows 7. Can I simnply go into the recovery disc and copy over the drivers?

Like this post

Likes # 0

Weird thing here, there are no names now appearing for any posts. Even my own The Paul isnt appearing ...............

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 1

It was Chonos the 2nd. You could certainly try that, particularly lan,chipset and audio drivers. But it wont do any harm to copy the lot.

Like this post

Likes # 0

Okay folks, I'll give that a go. Sorry I still cant see names appearing. I wont get to do this until this evening or tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed eh?

Once again, many many thanks to you all for the terrific help and patience shown. Its a long time since I was on this forum and Im delighted to say that the greatness of it hasnt changed. Its a credit you all.

Like this post

Likes # 1

The Paul

It was 5years ago that it went on sale probably a year or so passed before you bought it so the likely hood is you have only had it for 3 or 4 years.

So your memory is not that bad.

My computer is about 4 year old now and it feels as though I have only had it a couple of years.Time fly's.

Like this post
The Paul

Likes # 0

Aaarrgghhhhh - I have been at this all day. 3 times during reinstallation the PC crashed. Then I got it installed and after a few minutes I got a BSOD. So, I tried to install the original HP Recovery Discs. They failed too. At the moment Im trying one more time to install Windows 7.

I guess this is terminal.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 1

If you're trying to install on an ordinary hard drive then I can only think a failing PSU could be the answer. It works fine for a time then fails and then powers again. I say could as I don't really know but if you keep trying, and it is the PSU failing, then it will eventually take the mobo with it. What do the others think?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer