We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BSOD's 4,5 or 6 Times A Day

The Paul
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, I have been getting BSOD's over the last 4-6 weeks but not too frequently. Over the last week or so they are now hitting me 4, 5 or 6 times each day. I’ve researched both here and the web in general but nothing I have found has helped resolve this. The BSOD's indicate the following reasons - IRQLNOTLESSOREQUAL - PAGEFAULTINNONPAGEDAREA - PFNLISTCORRUPT - MEMORYMANAGEMENT. I have recently, maybe the last 3 months or so, added 4GB Crucial Memory (2 x 2GB modules), a SanDisk 128GB SSD from which I now boot and an ASUS LCD Monitor. I have been told that the problem was faulty memory module/s so I called Crucial who have, kindly, taken them back and will send 2 new ones. But guess what, the BSOD's continue. Please help me as I cannot figure this mess out. I have been copying the Windows Has Recovered From A Serious Error messages but they don’t mean a thing to me. Thanks in advance for any help. Regards. Paul

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Your links in your 4.46 post are screenshots of Bluescreenview.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Try without SSD, use normal Drive

Like this post
The Paul

Likes # 0

Sorry chronos the 2nd some dinosaurs should just stay in the park :-( Try these instead

PC Data No 1

PC Data No 2

woodchip - ok I'll try that and report back

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Strange I can find nothing on the HP site and to be honest I was only looking for the details that would have been on a sticker somewhere on your PC.

The only HP-Pavilion GQ436AA-ABf details I can find seems to refer to a laptop.

Can you provide any further details?

Now both I and woodchip have suggested installing Win 7 on a ordinary Sata SSD and see if you still have these BSOD's. I still suspect that this is likely to be a driver issue but until I can find your PC online then I cannot have a look at what drivers are available.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I think its the drive as there are too many IRQ's in the list. if somebody is running Win7 please check how many IRQ's on your PC to confirm the above

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

This is the only one that I could find.maybe he missed the model number out.

That would make it 5 years old.I am sure there may be different models but this is the one that sticks out.

HP

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

The Paul

Probably nothing to do with your problem but the next time you are in device manager click on View.Then click on hidden Devices,Expand your plug and play and see if any yellow exclamation marks on there.

I also found a couple on there that I could remove as I had deleted them a long time ago from the computer.

Worth a look just to see what is in there.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

woodchip

Around 80+ here.

Jock1e

Good find,better than I came up with anyway. But in defence HP are pretty crap at distinguishing PC's.

Like this post
The Paul

Likes # 0

Morning folks - and once again thanks for the brilliant effort here. I appreciate it all.

Okay, finally got the thing to boot up to the 2nd, original, HDD but it BSOD either during initial boot up or as it was setting up the desktop, icons and so on. Either way it would not boot. At the moment its running on the SSD so I'll go and try the Device Manager hidden list as Jock1e suggested

Like this post
The Paul

Likes # 0

The model that jock1e found does seem to be the ssame one but I am certain that I bought it more recently than that.

I tried the Device Manager Hidden Devices and firstly there was no PnP list but there was a Non PnP list. There were NO exclamation marks against anything. Then as I was looking at it I got a BSOD.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad