We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BSOD's 4,5 or 6 Times A Day

The Paul
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, I have been getting BSOD's over the last 4-6 weeks but not too frequently. Over the last week or so they are now hitting me 4, 5 or 6 times each day. I’ve researched both here and the web in general but nothing I have found has helped resolve this. The BSOD's indicate the following reasons - IRQLNOTLESSOREQUAL - PAGEFAULTINNONPAGEDAREA - PFNLISTCORRUPT - MEMORYMANAGEMENT. I have recently, maybe the last 3 months or so, added 4GB Crucial Memory (2 x 2GB modules), a SanDisk 128GB SSD from which I now boot and an ASUS LCD Monitor. I have been told that the problem was faulty memory module/s so I called Crucial who have, kindly, taken them back and will send 2 new ones. But guess what, the BSOD's continue. Please help me as I cannot figure this mess out. I have been copying the Windows Has Recovered From A Serious Error messages but they don’t mean a thing to me. Thanks in advance for any help. Regards. Paul

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 1

You could just cut the cables and swop the plugs over, the colour coding is the same if your are confident with that.

Like this post
The Paul

Likes # 0

Update time - no cables arrived as yet so I scrounged a PSu from someone which had only 20 pins and was only 240Watt BUT it booted up the computer. It looked good for a minute and then ------------ BSOD. So, I guess we can rule out the PSU. Ive left it running to see if it has any more BSOD's but I would be surprised if it doesnt happen again. Thermal paste ordered and new MoBo will go in as soon as it arrives.

Fingers crossed. Regards. Paul

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 1

You can plug the twenty pin connection on the 400W PSU that I believe you have. It can only go in one way you have a clip on the connector that goes over the raised bit on the ATX slot on the motherboard.

But I suppose if you have ordered the adapter then you might as well wait on it.

Hope you had a good weekend by the way.

Like this post
The Paul

Likes # 0

Hi Chronos the 2nd The 400Watt PSU which I had wont work. I did get it to plug in okay, after quite a few attempts, but when I connected everything up to the MoBo and the HDD it wouldnt do a thing. This is why I tried to get the lend of another PSU. When I set up the borrowed PSU, which has a 20 pin connection, it fired up straight away But I still got BSOD's.

I think, not that I have any expertise, that its time to go for the new ASRock MoBo and run with it. If its not that and not the PSU then Im stuffed I guess. Crucial have sent me the replacement memory modules so its more or less a new PC except the CPU I suppose. Not much left to go wrong really is there?

Do you mean the rugby weekend? We, Ulster, won in France for the first time in any competition so YES we had a brilliant weekend. Thanks for asking. How's the desk coming on? :-)

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 1

Desk is fine but have got the upgrade/change itch again and have bought myself a Silverstone FT03. This. An ASRock Z77 Pro4-M.This. A Corsair H60 CPU cooler and after I have fitted some Blue LED feet.These, well 2 of them and braided all the cables in the case I will bung in the rest of my bits and pieces I will have a small but powerful gaming PC until the next itch.LOL.

Like this post
The Paul

Likes # 0

You obviously love your system and its surroundings Chronos the 2nd. Enjoy my friend.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 1

Hi Paul, how are you progressing with this?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Think he is still waiting on the cable from Amazon.Plus he is a ruby man so I doubt we will here from him this weekend.

Like this post
The Paul

Likes # 0

VOILA - C'est incroyable aujourd'hui. Firstly Italy have just beaten the favourites for the 6 Nations, France, and we have just installed the new MoBo and the new RAM from Crucial and its PERFECTTTTTTTTTTT.

A HUGE thank you to everyone, but with a little more to my new Edinburgh friend Chronos the 2nd for all you fantastic input, advice and support. Thank you all. Im really very chuffed and able to get back to normal.

Like this post
The Paul

Likes # 0

By the way do I close this thread or is that done by the Forum Editor?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......