We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acer eRecovery Management (v 8.0.6) stuck at 99%

cab_man

Likes # 0

My Acer laptop (model unknown) seized up so I ran the eRecovery Management program to restore to default. I let it do it's thing as I went to run some errands. I came back 4 hours later (because the program was still running the elapsed time) and the eRecovery was stuck on the last section of the last step (Updating system) at 99%. It's still like that after 2 hours. What can I do to either finish the process or fix my computer outside of the eRecovery Management program?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I had one like that with the exact same problem.Stuck at the very end and would not finish.

I ended up having to shut it down by holding the start button.

Every time I restarted it it went back on to the same loop, updating system.

It needed a new hard drive.I did try and do a reformat with XP but that failed as well.

To be in the safe side and there are things you want to save on it Amazon do a caddy for about £4 which you can use to save any photos etc.

Not saying that is your problem just telling you how to save anything in case it is.

Just to add when I did the format it removes the recovery partition so you cannot use that again.

Best waiting till you can get better advice just telling you what happened when I had the same sort of problem.

That was an acer as well.

Like this post
cab_man

Likes # 0

Thanks. Unfortunately, the laptop displays the error: bootmgr is missing... press ctrl+alt+del to restart; so I can't access files and such.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Can you still check in the Bios and make sure the first boot is the hard drive.

Old dell that I had tried to start with the floppy drive all the time even though there was not a floppy drive on it so it was just a matter of disabling that and making sure the hard drive was the first boot selection.

Like this post
cab_man

Likes # 0

It is set to boot from the hard drive.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I presume it will not start in safe mode again or the recovery.

The only other thing I can think of is a system repair but you would need the Windows CD for that.

Best waiting till some of the others can give you further advice on how to solve your problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more