We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Comp + Norton 360 v.6

snowy30
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have a new computer, it came with McAfee Virus scan seven preloaded onto it (I think it's seven) as well as other preloaded software. At the moment I'm still using my old computer, but still have over five months left of Norton 360 v.6 I renewed last summer on the old computer. If I set up my new computer now will it be wise to load Norton onto it? Will I still have the 170 days left of my subscription? Is Norton or McAfee better?

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Personally I prefer Norton 360 and it has obviously served you well. I have successfully transferred 360 to new computers and the method is to use your Norton Online Account - presumably you already have one of these?

If you log into that account you will see the Licence details for the current one and the number of days left on it. You will also find a download link which you should use to download the latest software to your new computer.

Obviously remove McAfee from the new computer first!

On one occasion I had to "Chat" with a Norton technician to tell them what I was doing and they remotely took over the computer and set up the remaining unexpired licence on the new one. (If the current version of 360 is a 3 licence version and you have spare licenses this probably won't be necessary.)

Like this post  
snowy30

Likes # 0

Cheers, Taff. It said I'm able to load it onto three other computers

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

OK - let me know how you get on. If you're not sure post back here and I'll walk you through it. BTW - Have a Funeral tomorrow am so bear with me!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...