We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

W8 Upgrade for GBP 14.99

SillBill
Resolved

Likes # 0

Since I bought a new desktop in December with (my preferred OS) W7 preinstalled I took the option to register for the £14.99 upgrade to W8 particularly because it did not need to be installed on the new Comp. but could be installed on any computer with a legitimate copy of Windows. Now I read that it has to be downloaded to the machine on which you wish to run it but I don't really want to run it on either at present.

My question is, is this an ISO file download of 2GB which can be burned to a DVD for later installation or can it only be run and installed when downloaded?

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Thanks, Batch, you have convinced me - I DON'T WANT W8!!

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I keep getting phone calls asking me if there is a way to make W8 look like W7. There are freebies, but I'll stick to W7 for as long as I can (OK, I'm a Luddite!).

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Thanks Jock1e, the classicshell might make me change my mind!

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

From what I read of the T & C

You must purchase a qualifying Windows 7 PC between 2 June 2012 and 31 January 2013 to be eligible for this offer.

The last day to register and order your Windows 8 upgrade is 28 February 2013 this does not relate to the installation or activation of Win8.

If you registering/ordering Win8 on the 28/02/13 late evening you would have to wait for the confirmation email activation number and the link to download the file which could take a few minutes/hours and may even be the next day.

I cannot see an info saying you have to install and activate win8 by the 28/02/13

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best camera phone of 2015: iPhone 6 Plus vs LG G4 vs Galaxy S6 vs One M9 vs Nexus 6

IDG UK Sites

In defence of BlackBerrys

IDG UK Sites

Why we should reserve judgement on Apple ditching Helvetica in OS X/iOS for the Apple Watch's San...

IDG UK Sites

Retina 3.3GHz iMac 27in preview: Apple cuts £400 of price of Retina iMac with new model