We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Improving Belkin router with speed problems

westgolf

Likes # 0

My Belkin router was fine until @ 2 weeks ago.Since then the speed of download has slowed considerably.I have tried a reset & there seems to be a little improvement.My speedy connection of the past was way quicker than what I receive now. Can anyone please suggest a way to ensure I get the best that's possible on my connection ? Thanks.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

To be honest, I'd look anywhere but your router for the problem - unless you know for sure that's where the problem lies? Can you beg/borrow/steal another one to see if it makes any difference? I'd suspect your PC/the line to your home/the exchange/your ISP before I suspected the router. Some things to consider, beyond trying a different router, might include getting your ISP to do a test on your line, and checking whether your ISP is throttling you because you've exceed your monthly download limit.

Like this post
Bris

Likes # 0

As Ian suggests its worth getting your ISP to run a speed test.

Is your connection cable or ADSL?

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Routers work or don't work, wont be the router.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

First turn router off by pressing the button at the back leave off for about one minute then turn on and try it, You could also try downloading and running TCPOptimizer from the net. It works for me on all my PC's

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Windows 10 is even more like Mac OS X, and not just because it's another OS Ten